- −40°C to +200°C
- Temperature stability ±0.01°C
- Mini enclosure for purge with dry/inert gas
- Compatible to standard sample tray of the Agilent G200/XP
- Available for other commercial nanoindenters upon request
Heating and Cooling for Nanoindentation
Mechanical properties measured with nanoindentation techniques are frequently very sensitive to temperature. For some application, also temperatures below 0°C have to be accessible.
SURFACE offers a flexible heating/cooling system which covers a temperature range from −40°C to +200°C (not continuously, see specifications below). The sample holder is compatible to the standard sample tray of the Agilent G200/XP nanoindenters (other brands/models upon request). The system also includes a two-piece cover plate for mounting to the XP head. A big transparent polycarbonate plate covers the whole sample tray during the measurement, and a smaller center plate is adjusted to create a secure parking position for the indenter tip.
The Sample Enclosure
When cooling a sample below the dewpoint of the ambient air, it is essential to avoid condensation and ice formation on the sample surface. To achieve this, a flexible wall surrounds the heating/cooling table. Together with the cover plate, this forms a small environmental chamber that can be purged with dry or inert gas.
The temperature range, stability (±0.01°C), and enclosure make the SURFACE heating/cooling stage ideally suited for:
- Polymer research
- Biological research
- Medical research
- Construction material research
For biological and medical research applications, the system can be shipped as a temperature controlled liquid cell.
Optional: useable with SURFACE Humidity Controller
- Purging gas flow can be combined with humitity controller
- Controlling temperature and humidity at sample location
- Combined software interface for temperature and humidity
- Humidity range: 0...90 % RH, depending on temperature
- Temperature range of humidity sensor: -40...+125 °C